Care for Neck Pain, Back Pain and Headache
Chiropractors adjust subluxation, mobilize a restricted joint or put motion into a fixation, however you'd like to phrase it.
Subluxation consists of the following:
3. Decreased/Increased Range of Motion
4. Taut and Tender Fiber/ Inflammation
In order for subluxation to be present, 2 of the 4 above must be present. Out of those two, one of which must either be Asymmetry or Decreased/Increased Range of Motion. Notice that pain and inflammation don't have to be present for subluxation to be present. This is where maintenance/wellness visit come in,
Chiropractic care has been shown in clinical studies to:
Improve immune function http://www.chiro.org/research/ABSTRACTS/Immune.shtml
Decrease Blood Pressure
Care through out pregnancy:
Clinical studies indicate:
1. 84% of pregnant women find relief from back pain through chiropractic care and significantly decrease the incidence of "Back Labor"
2. Risk of experiencing "Back Labor" was 3 times greater if back pain was experienced during pregnancy.
3. Women receiving chiropractic care during their 1st pregnancy experience 25% shorter labor times and 31% shorter labor times for women in their subsequent pregnanciesthan those women who didnot receive chiropractic care.
4. Pregnant mothers under chiropractic care showed 25% SHORTER labor time for first time mother's and 31% SHORTER for mothers on their 2nd and 3rd or more pregnancies.
5. You get to lay face down because our tables have a drop out stomach piece(just a bonus)
A chiropractor can make gentle adjustments to your baby/toddler/preteen. Chiropractic care has been proven effective and safe for newborns and older infants alike. The pressure used on an infant is the same pressure one would use to gently touch their eyelid.
Many times, newborns suffer from subluxations, or misalignments, from their birth. This is especially true if the baby was delivered through Cesarean, vacuum, or forceps. Even natural birth can cause minor subluxations in babies. If their spine or necks are not correctly aligned, it can affect the way they eat and digest food.
Many parents will see improvement in their babies after just one adjustment. However, other parents will need to bring their newborns back for follow up adjustments.
Reasons Children See Chiropractors:
1. Birth Process
5. Stomach Problems
9. Bed Wetting
10. Ear Infections
Adjustments alone can improve any condition however exercises are given to the patient to help improve posture and help eliminate the chance of recurrence of your condition. In addition, certain extremity conditions chiropractors treat need to be rehabilitated through strengthening the muscles that were damaged.
There are many diseases that can be treated successfully by Acupuncture or its related treatments. The most common ailments currently being treated are: lower backache, Cervical Spondylosis, Condylitis, Arthritic Conditions, Headaches of all kinds (including migraine), Allergic Reactions, general and specific use for Analgesia (including surgery) and relief of muscles spasms. There have also been clinical trials in the use of Acupuncture in treating anxiety disorders and depression. Likewise, very high success rates have been found in treating addictions to alcohol, tobacco (nicotine) and "hard' drugs. Acupuncture can rid the body of the physical dependency, but can not rid the mind of the habit (psychological dependency). For this reason, Acupuncture treatment of addictions has not been fully successful.